Project was carried out in 2001 among:
Danish Organisation for Renewable Energy (OVE-Europe &
and 7 Hungarian NGOs working on the field of environment
The Hungarian NGO organisations were:
E-MISSZIO/EKA - Nyiregyhaza; ENERGY CLUB - Budapest;
EKOKU - Esztergom;
IEC - Budapest; NIMFEA - Turkeve; REFLEX - Gyor;
OKOSZ - Budapest.
See "List of the Participating
The project was funded
by the Danish Outdoor Council´s Small Project Fund for
Central and Eastern Europe.
The Outdoor Council is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1942.
It operates as an umbrella organisation, today with 94 individual national
member organisations. They cover outdoor recreational activities as well
as nature protection interests.
Tour in Denmark May 12-20, 2001
The Study Tour had 15 Hungarian participants from the 7
See "List and group picture
of the Hungarian participants of the Study Tour".
The Study Tour was carried out on May12-20, 2001. The group
visited the 2 offices of OVE;
5 of the cooperating Energy & Environment Offices (Copenhagen,
Aarhus, Viborg, Torup, NIVE); Folkecenter for Renewable Energy and projects
around the center (biogas plant, coogeneration plant and climb up into
a windmill); Aidt Miljo; School Energy Forum; and 2 eco-villages (Hjortshoj,
See the "Program of the Study
Tour in Denmark" and the "Address
List of the Visited Places in Denmark".
The Hungarians made presentations of themselves in 3 places
(OVE Aarhus; Folkecenter; KMEK). During the Study Tour we discussed and
evaluated how the Hungarians can use the learned knowledge, and new contacts
in the future and how we can develop the Mobile Exhibition.
Exhibition and the Posters
The Mobile Exhibition consists of 4 boxes including:
- Efficient window glass pack with a laser mini thermometer
- Insolation materials for houses
- Efficient lamp bulbs with a meter
- PV powered radio, battery charger and a spring; windmill
- 6 posters ( 42 cm x 60cm) were made with transparent plastic
folio coat. They feature the following topics: insolation of houses,
insolation of windows, efficient window glasses, efficient light bulbs,
and renewable energy: solar water
heating and wind energy.
- An extra poster (30cm x70 cm) features the support by
the Danish Outdoor Council with the logo in big size.
See some pictures how they look on the pdf files
Mobile Exhibition (51 kB pdf)
and Posters (45 kB pdf)
- The Mobil Exhibition was already in 2 places
(By E-misszio at the East-West Expo, and by IEC at the "Valley
and there is a plan to carry it to the other events organised
by the others as well.
The Idea Catalogue was collected by the participants
after the Study Tour in Denmark.
It was discussed during OVE´s visit in Hungary. It
includes a lot of good ideas to implement.
See "Idea Catalogue"
One issue of the 24-page quarterly Hungarian Energaia Magazine
(Nr. 8) was published in 1,500 copies by E-misszio.
It is the magazine of the "Green Energy Network" (ZEH),
of which 5 of the cooperating organisations are member of.
The issue includes several articles directly inspired by
the Study Tour:
- Front page. Picture of a Danish wind mill and the little
bus of E-misszio.
- Editorial, (1 page) Thanking to the cooperation project
and for the support of the
Danish Outdoor Council. Picture from the group visited
- Danish energy policy and the roles of NGOs. (4 pages).
By Gunnar B. Olesen/OVE
- Plant oil technology (2 pages). By Niels Anso/Folkecenter
- Mobile pressure machine for unburned clay stones. (1 page)
- Danish Folkecenter for Renewable Energy (3 pages). By
Gabor Szendi / EKOKU
- Compost toilets and sewage treatment (2 pages). By Bela
- Grøn Guides in Denmark (half page)
- OVE's description (1 page). By Levente Pencz/OKOSZ
- Towards the energy production of the future - Middelgrunden
wind mill park (2 pages). By Levente Pencz / OKOSZ
- Address list of the Danish organizations and the Hungarian
The EnerGaia Magazine in Hungarian: Ener
Visit, Lecture Tour in Hungary, June 2001
2 participants from OVE made lectures in 6 places in Hungary:
The events were organised by the participant Hungarian NGOs.
- "SunDay" event, at the EKOKU's Eco-Garden, Esztergom.
- Independent Ecological Center, Budapest
- Public library, Turkeve (Event organised by Nimfea)
- Town library, Gyor (Event organised by REFLEX)
- Zoo Budapest, (Event organised by OKOSZ/REFLEX)
- Hegyalja Festival, Tokaj (Event organised by E-misszio
and Energy Club)
Connected to the Lecture Tour: articles, public announcements,
posters and internet announcements were made.
Articles in Denmark:
- "Renewable Energy and Environment" (Vedvarende Energi
og Miljo) (VE&M)/OVE-SEK, 3/01 June, 2001 and October, 2001
- "E-mil" in the newsletter of Viborg Energy and Environment
- Newsletter of the Copenhagen Energy and Environment
Office (KMEK), Nr. 82, June 2001
- Newsletter of Aarhus Energy and Environment Office
Articles in Hungary:
- Articles, invitation card, announcement in the newspaper
of Esztergom town
- Poster, web announcement and newspaper announcement of
- Poster at the Hegyalja Festival in Tokaj town
- Web/email list announcements of the meeting in the HUMUSZ
exhibition, in the Zoo, Budapest
- Energaia Magazine (10 articles) (available on web: Ener
It was successful to raise the local TV stations attention
in 3 towns (Esztergom, Turkeve and Tokaj at the Hegyalja Festival).
In Esztergom, the local TV made 2x 20-minute program about
the Study Tour in Denmark, and about the Danish lecture and visit
at the Esztergom Eco-garden on the "Sun Day".
The Esztergom TV used the private recording of the Study
Tour in Denmark made by Szendo Gabor/ EKOKU.
There was made a local radio interview with Gunnar Boye
Olesen/OVE as well.
The Idea Catalogue shows that the participants got a lot
of ideas to develop further in Hungary. The participants learned
a lot and they think that they can use the gained knowledge in their
future work in several ways.
There is also substantial concrete interest from the participants
for future cooperation.