Energy for 2030: Danish Debate & Seminar
September 2010, 1 pm - 5 pm
national seminar on EU policies in Denmark took place in Christiansborg,
the 27th September 2010.
Experts, Politicians and the Energy Industry were invited to participate
in the discussion. From INFORSE-Europe
Boye Olesen participated.
The event was organised
by the INFORSE-Europe member, Vedvarende Energi
(Danish Organization for Sustainable Energy).
The day before the
Danish Climate Commission presented its proposals for a CO2-neutral
Denmark, VedvarendeEnergi asked the question:
Can we achieve that Denmark
will be free from oil, coal
and gas, already within about 20 years?
shift within 20 years may sound drastic, but the potential is there
if we focus on energy savings
and renewable energy. It does not have to be more
costly than "business as usual". - New analysis shows that it would be
the most economical.
VedvarendeEnergi had invited experts, politicians and the energy industry
to participate in the discussion.
Marianne Bender, Chair, VedvarendeEnergi (pdf
file 0.7 MB, )
- The Global Climate (Katrine Krogh Andersen, Deputy Head, ph.d.
Denmark's Climate Center), (pdf
file, 2.3 MB, )
- The Dwindling Energy Resources (Marianne Bender, Chair, VedvarendeEnergi
file 0.6 MB, )
- We are Heating for the Birds and the Fish, the Power Plants'
Large Spills (Jakob Worm, Board Director, VedvarendeEnergi)
- We Invest Wrong: the Wrong Heat Pumps that make Problems Worse (Jacob
- We Invest Wrong: Billions in Foreign Investments rather than Local
Investments (Gunnar Boye Olesen, VedvarendeEnergi and INFORSE-Europe)
- Focus on Energy Savings (Jacob Worm, VedvarendeEnergi)
- Focus on Expansion of Wind Power and other Renewable Energy (Marianne
Bender, VedvarendeEnergi) (pdf
file, 0.5 MB )
- Focus on the Intelligent Management of Energy Systems (Lotte Holmberg,
Director, VedvarendeEnergi and Member of Energinet.dk
's Stakeholder Forum)
- And What Does It Cost? An Estimate of the Cost of Phasing out Fossil
Fuels until 2030 (Gunnar Boye Olesen, VedvarendeEnergi
and INFORSE-Europe) (pdf
file, 1.7MB )
Comments From Politicians and the Energy Industry
The debate was supplemented by comments and discussions with the
politicians and the representaties of the energy industry. Ole Haekkerup
(Energy, Social Democracy), Per
Enhedslisten), Lars Aagaard (Danish Energy) and Jørgen G. Jørgensen
(Danish District Heating).
The event was free.
Read more in Danish on the
INFORSE-Europe member VE
on September 27, 2010
2030 in Denmark,
- Vision Publication (40 pages)
Read the Program (pdf
23 kB )
The seminar was organized with financial
support of European Commission’s DG Environment Operating Grant 2010
for INFORSE-Europe and Vedvarende Energi, Denmark.
Read More on Energy NGO Activities
Sustainable Energy Vision - Denmark
INFORSE-Europe's description in Danish