In total 14 new and life extended reactors are proposed in the new EU
countries and in accession countries. These include:
- new reactor of about 600 MW to replace the Ignaline NPP in Lithiuania.
There is political support for the new reactor in the Lithuanian government
that came into office December 2004 and declared the Lithania should
remain a nuclear state.
- new reactor at Temelin NPP in Czech Republic, the plant has two reactors
- new reactor at Mochowce NPP in Slovakia. The plant has already
- life extrension of the reactors at Pox NPP in Hungary,
two reactors now.
- new nuclear power plant at in Bulgaria
- new nuclear rector in Chrnovoda
- New reactor or life-extension in Slovenia at the Krsko NPP.
- a proposed NPP for Turkey
- and 4 other proposed projects
Return to Nuclear page