"Collection of Sustainable Energy Successes in Central & Eastern Europe"
Published by INFORSE-Europe & ECO-Forum, June 1998.
"Collection of Sustainable
Energy Successes in Europe"
Updated with inputs from INFORSE organisations 2001-2002 (see cases with (2002)).
The 1998-collection was one of the NGO inputs to the Aarhus Conference of the European Environmental Ministers' Meeting in Aarhus, 1998. It is available in print from INFORSE-Europe, Denmark.
New cases are
welcome: e-mail to INFORSE-Europe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Introduction (1st edition 1998)
ENERGY CONSERVATION CAMPAIGNS
- European Energy-Saving and Environmental Campaign for Schools
- Clean Energy Brigades in the Czech Republic
- The First Romanian Energy Brigades in Action in a Kindergarten (December 2002)
ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROJECTS
- Combined Heat-and-Power System, the Oncology Institute in Prague
- Energy Performance Contracting and Energy Savings in the Czech Republic
- Energy-Saving Programme for Public Buildings in the Lithuanian Republic
- Energy Savings on a Prefabricated Block of Flats in the Czech Republic (December 2002)
RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS
STRAW AS A BUILDING MATERIAL
- Solar Energy
- Simple Successes
- Solar Heating at the Bellevue Hotel in the Czech Republic
- Solar Water Heating in a Hotel at the Black Sea Coast, Bulgaria
- Solar Collector System for Krasnodar Regional Hospital in Russia
- Solar Hot Water for Children's Sanatorium in Odessa, Ukraine
- Cross-Border Dissemination of Austrian Solar DIY-Construction System
- Solar Collectors in Hungary
- New Solar Heating Manufacture, Romania (2002)
- Solar Heating in the Hostetin Biosphere Reserve, Czech Republic (2002)
- Solar Collector at a Secondary Industrial School in Breclav, Czech Republic (December 2002)
- Solar Heating and Cooling in Armenia (December 2002)
- Wind Energy
- Wind Energy Development in Poland
- A Small Wind-Power Plant in Istinka, Russia
- Wind-Powered Water Heating for a Mountain Villa near Sofia, Bulgaria
- First Grid Connected Wind Mills is in Hungary (December 2002)
- Hydro Power
- Small Hydro-Power Plants in Slovakia
- Small Hydro-Power Plant in Jasenie, Slovakia
- Viable and Environmental Benign Hydropower, Estonia (2002)
- Small Hydro-Power Plants in Armenia (December 2002)
- Biogas in Slovakia
- A Biogas Plant in Batka, Slovakia
- Biomass Heating for the Town of Kardasova Recice, the Czech Republic
- Wood Waste Heating Improves Environment and Saves Money in Campeni, Romania (2002)
- Straw Heating - Best Decision of Farm in Prasice, Slovakia (2002)
- Traditional Ways of Using Alternative Energy Sources
Demonstration & Training Center
- ARTEFACT - Successful Solar School & Center in Germany (December 2002)
- Renewable Energy Diplomas in Hungary (December 2002)
OTHER SUSTAINABLE ENERGY DATABASES
NGOs and official bodies are running a number of sustainable energy databases. We are here just referring to a few:
- Calla Database of Renewable Energy installations in Czech Republic, South Bohemia, covering hundreds of small renewable energy installations, mainly small hydro, information in Czech language only.
- Helio-International's database with selected successes from around the world.
- Managenergy database with a rapidly expanding number of cases from Europe.
<< Back to INFORSE-Europe HOME
|Success Stories CONTENTS|