Earth Center focuses on ecological gardening and buildings. It mostly
aims at educating visitors through different demonstration buildings
and gardens. The Center is also heavily involved in the local agenda
Earth's income comes from government grants and earned income from
the sale of vegetables, publications, courses and entrance fees.
Which services are provided ?
- Ecological gardening for demonstration.
- 3 demonstration buildings including the Recycling House, the Pyramid
House, and the Eco-house.
- Accommodation house
for students (22 beds) with compost toilets, solar water heating, and
a a photovoltaic roof supplying about 30% of the building's annual electricity
- Numerous courses on ecological gardening, whole-food
cookery and sustainable building practices.
- Books about food production, building and sustainable lifestyles.
in Sustainable Energy News:
(The issues can be downloaded from the web site of INFORSE.)
- Eco-Demonstration Centers.
Article including Little Earth on page 13
Issue No. 24, p. 12-15, February 1999. (pdf
type of project
Little Earth, Netherlands (De
Demonstration and Education Center
|New local jobs
||18 plus volunteers
and graduate trainees
|Number of similar projects
in France, CAT in Wales
|Contact details for
Aarde (Little Earth)
411 68 49 21